With tremendous exposure to all aspects of the accounting cycle, the Accounting Manager is responsible for processing accounting transactions, compiling and analyzing financial reports, providing ad hoc analyses, maintaining the integrity of the general ledger, and providing general accounting support to the CFO.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required. A solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls, and financial analysis tools and techniques is essential. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, adaptive, demonstrate the ability to work independently and on a team, manage time and projects efficiently so as to meet strict deadlines possess strong analytical skills, maintain a penchant for efficiency with accuracy, possess strong communication skills, and operate well within a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITILES
- Prepare journal entries and other accounting transactions, maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, and ensure financial statements are GAAP compliant.
- Assist with month-end close process and perform and review account reconciliations.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, minimize inefficiencies and improve EBITDA.
- Analyze financial statements and other reports to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and identify significant variances from plan, forecast, and prior periods.
- Assist with completion of year-end financials and other audits, engagements, and/or requests for information from all business functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Minimum three years of experience in accounting
- Experience in a fast-paced, growing, and ever changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Knowledge of financial software programs
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Advanced analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with accounting systems, MS Excel, and other MS Office applications
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Prior experience with Quickbooks
Apply at FloSports Recruiting with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. We look forward to considering your candidacy for the role!
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Elite Fitness, Wrestling, and Gymnastics.