FloSports Inc. is seeking to hire a Content Marketing Coordinator for Varsity.tv, a new channel in partnership with Varsity Spirit, the worldwide leader in cheerleading and dance team camps, competitions, and apparel.
The Content Marketing Coordinator will maximize the reach of our content on Varsity.tv in order to meet and exceed our traffic and conversion goals. FloSports streams hundreds of live sporting events worldwide, reaching millions of fans. You will be responsible for leveraging our Varsity.tv content to improve customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Assist in the development of content marketing strategies targeting our various customer segments to grow our subscriptions through acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Provide persuasive and compelling copy and other creative assets for new subscription and retention campaigns (i.e. email, referral, advertising, social)
- Point person on SEO for Varsity.tv, working with content teams to provide guidance, tips, best practices and feedback
- Assist in weekly reports for campaigns, web traffic, email, conversions, and SEO, and present to content teams and other internal stakeholders to improve performance.
- Lead implementation of our SEO plan (i.e. inbound links, optimizing legacy content, site reviews, etc.) on Varsity.tv to maximize the visibility of our content on search.
- Ensure all copy fits our unique brand voice and style guidelines.
- Identify and leverage influencers on social media to maximize our content distribution and reach.
- Understand best practices in content development across devices, channels, and mediums.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be an all-around cheerleading and dance team content expert and have your finger on the pulse of the community we’re serving
- Must be knowledgeable about SEO and have experience improving organic search performance.
- Ability to transition easily between the creative and analytical sides of marketing, with experience producing excellent work under tight deadlines.
- Superior copywriting, editing and proofing skills to ensure accuracy and excellence in all published material.
- Experience managing and executing social media, email and/or advertising campaigns.
- Background in creating editorial and branded content for a media company or online publisher is preferred.
- Proven ability to develop KPI dashboards and benchmarking reports to measure content engagement success.
- Excellent planning/organization skills; Proven ability to collaborate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You thrive on developing new ideas and solutions, and you’re excited to roll up your sleeves and execute on them.
- Must have experience with Google Analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- You love problem solving.
- Experience with KISS Metrics is preferred.
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred.
Your performance will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Cash from subscriptions goals
- Overall traffic growth goals
- Traffic from organic search and social media
- Campaign traffic and campaign conversions
About FloSports Inc.
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Elite Fitness, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Grappling, Softball, Cheerleading, Boxing, and Running, including MileSplit.com.