FloSports is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to lead our search engine optimization (SEO) and social media efforts, as well as to support our various marketing campaigns in each of our sports verticals. FloSports streams hundreds of live sporting events worldwide, reaching millions of fans. You will be responsible for leveraging our content to improve customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Point person on social media and SEO for FloSports, working with content teams to provide guidance, tips, best practices and feedback to improve performance in these areas.
- Assist in weekly reports for web traffic, social media, email and SEO, and present to content teams and other internal stakeholders to improve performance.
- Lead implementation of our SEO plan (i.e. inbound links, optimizing legacy content, site reviews, etc.) to maximize the visibility of our content on search.
- Provide persuasive and compelling copy and other creative assets for FloSports’ acquisition and retention campaigns (i.e. email, referral, advertising, social)
- Assist in the development of content marketing strategies to target our various customer segments to improve acquisition and retention.
- Ensure all copy fits our unique brand voice and style guidelines.
- Identify and leverage influencers on social media to maximize our content distribution and reach.
- Understand best practices in content development across devices, channels, and mediums.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be knowledgeable about SEO and have experience improving organic search performance at your previous job(s).
- Must understand the value of social media and have experience leading successful social media campaigns in your previous job(s).
- Ability to transition easily between the creative and analytical sides of marketing, with experience producing excellent work under tight deadlines.
- Superior copywriting, editing and proofing skills to ensure accuracy and excellence in all published material.
- Experience managing and executing social media, email and/or advertising campaigns.
- Background in creating editorial and branded content for a media company or online publisher is preferred.
- Proven ability to develop KPI dashboards and benchmark reports for social media, SEO and online traffic to measure content engagement success.
- Excellent planning/organization skills; Proven ability to collaborate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You thrive on developing new ideas and solutions, and you’re excited to roll up your sleeves and execute on them.
- Must have experience with Google Analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- You love problem solving.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software is preferred.
- Knowledge and/or interest in wrestling, gymnastics, track & field and elite fitness is a plus.
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred.
- Experience with Taboola or Outbrain is a plus.
Apply HERE with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. We look forward to considering your candidacy for the role!
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Elite Fitness, Wrestling, and Gymnastics.