FloSports is looking for an Email Marketing Director to lead our marketing automation and audience development efforts. FloSports streams hundreds of live sporting events worldwide, reaching millions of fans. You will be responsible for audience development and customer lifecycle management, including the creation of highly personalized email campaigns targeting existing customers and prospects to improve retention and acquisition.
- Serve as internal email expert, creating and sharing email best practices in branding, design, messaging, functionality, lifecycle nuances, and promotional effectiveness.
- Oversee FloSports’ end-to-end email program, including vision, strategy, implementation and leadership across all sports verticals, covering: customer segmentation, email acquisition, drip and nurture campaign set-up, progressive profiling, split testing, compliance, building and managing our email calendar, live-event email promos, weekly e-newsletters, performance reporting, etc.
- Point person on our marketing automation software, which we will use to manage our prospect and customer database and to plan, schedule, manage, execute and measure our email acquisition and retention efforts.
- Optimize and test email campaigns and measure against control group to maximize performance relative to email open and click thru rates, prospect conversion rates, customer retention rates, LTV of customers in each sports vertical, etc.
- Generate regular reports and KPI dashboards and distribute to internal stakeholders in order to communicate campaign activities and performance vs. goals.
- Work closely with designers and other members of marketing team on email creative development and optimization, including content, template and imagery.
- Optimize campaign frequency based on segmentation and contact strategies, monitoring results and audience feedback.
- Troubleshoot any technical issues with vendor and engineering dept. to find solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven track record of success in managing customer lifecycle communications, and ideally will have experience creating personalized email campaigns at scale for a B2C online publisher.
- Must be extremely results- and data-driven with an innate ability to tell the story behind the numbers.
- Excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills and extremely detail-oriented.
- Must be strong communicator and adept at presenting.
- Stay current with email marketing, and audience development and engagement best practices, strategies and standards.
- You have no problem being hands-on and stepping back to think holistically about how to best engage with our users throughout the customer lifecycle.
- CRM/marketing automation experience required.
- Demonstrated experience managing third-party vendors.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software a plus.
- Knowledge and/or interest in wrestling, gymnastics, track & field and elite fitness is a plus.
Apply here if interested. We look forward to considering your candidacy for the role!
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Elite Fitness, Wrestling, and Gymnastics.