FloSports is looking for a Head of Public Relations to lead our media outreach and communications efforts. FloSports is a direct-to-consumer, sports media company that streams hundreds of live sporting events worldwide, reaching millions of fans. You will be responsible for generating publicity for the company in relevant media, developing PR plans around our owned and operated events and serving as the company spokesperson. This role is ideal for someone who can craft a narrative and has a large and influential list of media contacts.
- Primary point of contact for all media inquiries, footage requests, interview requests, etc.
- Develop PR goals, pitch strategies/angles, and media targets
- Create and manage timelines and weekly actions plans to achieve company PR goals
- Build all company press materials: press releases, media advisories, press kits, executive bios, etc.
- Establish PR plans, credentialing and media execution for all owned & operated events
- Track industry trends and activities in order to provide company with new, fresh ideas
- Provide media training to the executive management team
- Produce weekly clips to keep management apprised of relevant industry news
- Submit company and management team for awards (i.e. 40 Under 40, INC 5000, Austin A-List, etc.)
- Fine tune company’s footage request policy
- Attend select industry events on behalf of the company
- Contribute innovative & creative ideas to company brainstorms
- Other duties and projects as assigned by senior management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have established contacts and strong relationships with Tier 1 national media who cover the consumer media/tech sector
- Proven track record of securing high value media placements – ideally for a consumer media company
- Strong writing, project management and organizational skills; and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a knowledge and/or interest in sports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 7-10 years’ experience working for a dynamic and high-growth consumer media company or PR agency
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
FloSports is a direct-to-consumer, subscription-based sports media company located in Austin, Texas. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Track, Grappling, MMA, Elite Fitness, Boxing, Softball, Gymnastics, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, eSports, and Cheerleading.