FloSports, a sports media company based in Austin, is currently seeking an experienced Java Developer. We are seeking candidates that have strong development experience, who are self-starters, and who have a drive to get things done. You’ll be working with a team of like-minded developers building the tools that drive our events business. Java experience is critical. Front end experience is highly desired, particularly with Ext JS. Self-relocation to Austin, TX required.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Design and develop software components using Java technologies
- Collaborate with other team members to incorporate best practices and innovations into our products
- Leverage team development standards, patterns, and design principles in daily activities
- Collaborate closely with product managers and user experience during discovery, design, and development
- Stay current on technology trends and identify ways to innovate our products in the education space
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Extensive development experience using Java
- Experience working with relational databases
- Have an in-depth knowledge of OO design patterns
Preference will be given to candidate who also possess the following skills:
- Experience working with git
- Extensive experience with MVC frameworks such as Spring.
- Ability to work through the entire stack from data layer to presentation layer
- Experience working with Cloud-based technologies
- Experience with ExtJS
- Familiarity with build tools such as Maven, Gradle, and Ant
- Web application design and architecture
- Knowledge of RESTful web services and JSON
Apply at FloSports Recruiting with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. We look forward to considering your candidacy for the role!
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Elite Fitness, Wrestling, and Gymnastics.