FloSports is currently seeking an Objective-C/Cocoa Developer to join its growing team. You will be working on FloSports’ Flocaster project, a video streaming product, which is the backbone of our live productions. In this role, you will become instrumental in streamlining our live productions, through automation and improving production quality. You may also be involved in other events software projects, as needed.
Reporting to the Director of Events, this position will be based in Austin, Texas at the company’s headquarters.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Native desktop application development using Objective-C and Cocoa, involving the use of web APIs, networking, and system frameworks.
- Provide architecture and design guidance
- Work with extended engineering resources and design teams.
- Provide estimates for development effort.
- Work with a small team of developers to continuously improve the production quality of our video streams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Professional programming experience in Objective-C and commonly used Cocoa Frameworks.
- Proficient in GUI programming and multithreaded applications including Grand Central Dispatch
- Experience with Xcode, Instruments and source control (git).
- Network programming experience
- Solid understanding of web protocols and APIs.
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects.
- Experience creating distributed and scalable systems, testing, staging and deploying such systems.
- Develop, improve and maintain OS X applications
- Development experience on large-scale, complex and multi-layered software applications.
- Familiar with concurrency and networking programming.
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Experience with troubleshooting crash, spin and hang issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Apply at FloSports Recruiting with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. We look forward to considering your candidacy for the role!
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Elite Fitness, Wrestling, and Gymnastics.