FloSports, an Austin-based sports streaming company, is currently looking for an experienced PHP Developer to join our expanding team.
- Writing solid, well documented OOP code on the Symfony2 framework
- Work closely with product management and UX designers
- Determine any functionality that the site must support and develop PHP content based on approved specifications
- Writing automated testing with PHPUnit, Selenium to avoid regressions at all cost
- Refactor code to make things more stable and efficient
- Work closely with DevOps to ensure stable systems and machine requirements
- Participate in ruthless code reviews with fellow coders to ensure the highest quality
- Take ownership and full responsibility for your tasks
- Work closely with QA to avoid gaps in testing
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Occasionally wrestle, run and eat breakfast tacos with your fellow employees
- 5+ years of PHP experience, including work with MVC frameworks
- HTML, CSS
- Solid communication skills
- Open to embrace new ideas, challenges, and technologies
Bonus Points for experience with:
- AWS tools such as EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudfront, CloudSearch, SNS, SQS, etc.
- Experience with Agile work methodology
- Memcache, Varnish or other caching software
- Lighttpd and Nginx
- LESS or SASS CSS compilers
- Git and Github
- Code Reviews
- Unit, Regression or Functional Testing
- Load Testing
- Mac OSX
- Light graphic manipulation in PhotoShop or Pixelmator
- A sense of humor in the face of chaos
- Track & field, wrestling, gymnastics or other competitive athletic experience.
About FloSports Inc.
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Elite Fitness, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Grappling, Bodybuilding, Softball, Cheerleading, Boxing, and Running, including MileSplit.com.