FloSports, an Austin-based sports streaming company, is currently looking for an experienced Mid to Senior Symfony PHP Developer to join our expanding team. We are a full AWS shop, busy writing a solid and scalable system to meet our growing needs. In this role you will be responsible for writing reliable code on our new platform that handles all aspects of our business, from customer facing video and content delivery to back end CMS systems. We’re looking for an extremely reliable and sharp coder who is experienced with the Symfony PHP framework, ready to tackle new challenges.
- Writing solid, well documented OOP code on the Symfony2 framework
- Work closely with product management and UX designers
- Determine any functionality that the site must support and develop PHP content based on approved specifications
- Writing automated testing with PHPUnit, Selenium to avoid regressions at all cost
- Refactor code to make things more stable and efficient
- Work closely with DevOps to ensure stable systems and machine requirements
- Participate in ruthless code reviews with fellow coders to ensure the highest quality
- Take ownership and full responsibility for your tasks
- Work closely with QA to avoid gaps in testing
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Occasionally wrestle, run and eat breakfast tacos with your fellow employees
- Symfony2 PHP experience absolutely required
- PHPUnit automated testing
- Skilled at query optimization
- HTML, CSS
- AWS tools such as EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudfront, CloudSearch
- Experience with Agile work methodology
- LAMP stack experience
- Solid communication skills
- node.js, backbone.js, or other js frameworks
- LESS/SASS CSS compilers
- More AWS tools such as DynamoDB, IAM Roles, Cloudformation
- Experience with composer, grunt, bower
- A sense of humor in the face of chaos
- Mac OSX
Apply to FloSports Recruiting. We look forward to considering your candidacy for the role!
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Elite Fitness, Wrestling, and Gymnastics.