FloSports, an Austin-based sports streaming company, is currently looking for an experienced Senior Front End Engineer to join our expanding team.
The Front End Web Engineer will work in a team that is responsible for executing web and mobile products. We are looking for someone who is passionate and excited about delivering great web experiences through their expert craft. The ideal candidate is a coding dynamo who can evangelize, architect, and deliver solutions with best practices in mind and push us into the future of Front End Web Engineering.
Responsibilities will include:
Evaluate and lead the direction of Front End Engineering at FloSports to build robust large scale web applications using technologies like ES6 and TypeScript.
- In depth knowledge of web technologies and standards to deliver the best experiences across web and mobile devices including responsive Web UI
- Gruntjs, JQuery, SASS/LESS, Bower
- Version control system (Git)
- Templating engines
- Application integration experiences (REST, JSON)
- The ability to completely own the technical side of a project: defining requirements, influencing UX/design, architecting the solution
- Pure enthusiasm for creating new things on tight deadlines
- Friendly approachable personality and extremely effective written and oral communication skills.
- A pro-active self-starter who can operate both individually and as part of a team.
- Experience writing projects in ES6 / TypeScript
- LAMP Stack experience e.g. PHP/MySQL
- Experience writing Front End JS Unit Tests
- Experience creating Restful APIs
About FloSports Inc.
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Elite Fitness, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Grappling, Bodybuilding, Softball, Cheerleading, Boxing, and Running, including MileSplit.com.