FloSports is seeking to hire a senior editor to lead our newest sports channel, FloVolleyball.
The senior editor is an idea generator, coach to the content team, and all-around volleyball content expert who makes sure all stories and content are best in class and relevant to volleyball athletes, coaches and fans.
The ideal candidate is a passionate subject matter expert who is excited about the prospect of crafting all types of content in a sport rich with stories, celebrities, events, history, and most importantly… potential. This is a job for someone who wants to grow the sport of volleyball.
- Conceptualize, create and develop quality web content (both written and video) around the key athletes, personalities, and programs in volleyball.
- Travel to top volleyball events in the country and abroad to provide compelling on-site written and video coverage including but not limited to interviews, recaps, analysis, and features.
- To lead and participate in content meetings and to provide detailed feedback on audience engagement/experience.
- Manage contributor-submitted content from freelance writers and editors.
- Handle multiple projects involving general content, subscription and sales initiatives and deliver required assets on deadline.
- Keeping abreast of the current and developing storylines in the sport in order to stay ahead of the competition.
- Ensure that all content complies with our unique brand and style guidelines.
- Identify and leverage influencers in social media to maximize our content distribution and reach.
- Understand best practices in content development across devices, channels, and mediums.
- Travel to produce in the field documentary series on the major athletes, programs/teams, and personalities in volleyball.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be an expert on volleyball and have your finger on the pulse of the community we’re serving.
- Superior written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar and proofreading skills; also must be a good listener.
- You thrive on being the first to break a story and scoop other media organizations.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; proven ability to collaborate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess critical thinking, analytical and creative talent to develop a concept, idea, fact or content into a strong visual presentation on tight deadlines.
- Must understand the value of leveraging social media in promoting content and driving traffic. You know the right levers to pull to increase the visibility of content on social media.
- Ability to interact with senior management. Ability to work independently. Team player who also demonstrates leadership skills in a matrix-managed organization.
- You thrive on developing new ideas, and you’re excited to roll up your sleeves and execute on them.
ABOUT FLOSPORTS, INC.
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Elite Fitness, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Grappling, Bodybuilding, Softball, Cheerleading, Boxing, and Running, including MileSplit.com.